Welcome to Newbie's first blog...

Who is Newbie? The surprise growing in my belly, of course. We chose to leave the sex of the baby a surprise until delivery, in order to rejoice in the thrill of "It's a ....!!!!"


We're open to guesses, tricks and old wives tales, tarot readings, anything but the sonogram that reveals the secrets of Newbie's nether regions.


Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Belly Returns

No, I'm not talking about the pregnant belly. I'm talking about the pre-pregnant belly. It's a fear we all have--will I ever look the same again? I have it, you betcha, I do. But when I weighed myself after eight days after giving birth, I was shocked--in a good way. I had already dropped 20 pounds. Check it out!


I am posting this to remind myself that the female body can sustain many changes. And while I am still very "mushy" around the middle, I now have more faith than I had during my pregnancy that I may be able to reclaim my waist of yore. Of course, there's no chance of completing a sit-up anytime soon as the muscles on my left side need to be re-introduced to the muscles on my right side. And ah...there is hot yoga in my future--4 weeks from now, that is. :)

2 comments:

holarubia said...

Oh yay, this gives me hope! You look amazing!

Chakalte said...

Oh my GOD!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING! I mean . . not that I EVER thought you wouldn't but WOWSERS!!!

Love it . . you are a beacon for all of us!!!