Welcome to Newbie's first blog...

Who is Newbie? The surprise growing in my belly, of course. We chose to leave the sex of the baby a surprise until delivery, in order to rejoice in the thrill of "It's a ....!!!!"


We're open to guesses, tricks and old wives tales, tarot readings, anything but the sonogram that reveals the secrets of Newbie's nether regions.


Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The difference perspective makes

Between these two pictures, which one shows me more pregnant?



Okay...it's a trick question. They were taken about 3 days apart. Just interesting how much of a difference it makes to view from the side as opposed to the front. Of course, in the front view, I can see Newbie "pooching" me out at the sides as s/he seeks more room, but you wouldn't immediately guess how big my belly is when you just look at me from the front.

But so let's talk about the view from 39 weeks. I really had thought that by this time I would be doing the pregnancy waddle, holding my back, and saying things like "get this thing out of me." But I feel better than I thought I would. Sleeping is absolutely getting more difficult (rolling from side to side is quite a chore--it's almost easier to push myself upright, scoot around sitting up, and then lie back down), drying my feet after a shower takes more balance and dexterity than usual, my ankles swell a bit after a day of running errands, and some sitting positions just don't work for me, but I still feel pretty good.

Here's to a few days of R&R, taking some time to enjoy the downtime before the big time.

2 comments:

Sarah Greenman said...

Yay! You look fantastic and I'm so glad you feel well. It helps SO much when you finally go into labor - a mom who has been fighting back aches and sleepless nights is usually in for a harder time. But not you! And those two shots from front and side...OMG, its really astonishing the difference!

shelley said...

I'm guessing from the last 2 photos that it's a girl :)

Can't wait to welcome my new little niece or nephew into this world!

anxiously awaiting the call...

Love Shelley