Welcome to Newbie's first blog...

Who is Newbie? The surprise growing in my belly, of course. We chose to leave the sex of the baby a surprise until delivery, in order to rejoice in the thrill of "It's a ....!!!!"


We're open to guesses, tricks and old wives tales, tarot readings, anything but the sonogram that reveals the secrets of Newbie's nether regions.


Saturday, April 4, 2009

A matter of days...

...not weeks.

Wow, that is saying something. All of the counting up the weeks...getting into the twenties, then the thirties...and now it's 10 days from our due date. Holy macarole! Of course, it also LOOKS like we're 10 days away. Check it out:

Of course, what you can also see is that Newbie is still up pretty high. At my last appointment, I got some coaching on how to do squats the right way (apparently, all the squatting I've done lately hasn't been doing anything to get the baby to move down). So, now I squat against a wall, keeping my pelvis either vertical, or tilted forward. It's also good practice for delivery, I think, because a slightly reclined squat is one option for a "pushing" position.

Newbie, come on DOWN!!!

1 comment:

holarubia said...

Come on down Newbie, the price is right!! You look great Anne, I can't believe you're almost there!